Dr. Sameer Arbat
MBBS, MD Pulmonology, PDDM, FCCP (USA)
- Chief Editor for RES-Q Newsletter in Respiratory Medicine
- Inventor of ‘Bronchoscopy Safety Box’
The gifted and the youngest Interventional Pulmonologist from Nagpur, Dr. Sameer Arbathas paved the way for the field in Central India. Felicitated by numerous awards, he is also the first doctor to have Central India’s only EBUS and Cryotherapy setup in Nagpur. The youngest International Faculty to teach at WABIP Program, he has performed more than 800 Interventional procedures, including Cryotherapy, EBUS, Endobronchial Debulking, and Thoracoscopy.
His extensive academic training and professional experience from JNMC (Wardha), KEM Hospital, Tata Memorial Cancer Centre (Mumbai), andAncona (Italy)has given an edge to his technique and is why his treatment is trusted to be the best and the most affordable in Vidarbha.
- Completed MBBS and MD in Respiratory Medicine from JNMC, Sawangi, Wardha.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at the Department of Respiratory Medicine, JNMC, Sawangi, Wardha.
- Gained vast experience in all sub-specialties of Pulmonology by working as Senior Registrar at India’s premier institute, KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
- Joined the premier cancer care institute, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, where he performed more than 100 Bronchoscopies while working at the Department of Thoracic Oncology.
- Invited to work at Thoracic Endoscopy Service of the Pulmonary Diseases Unit of the AziendaOspedaliRiuniti, Ancona, Italy, under the guidance of his mentor, Dr. Stefano Gasparini who is considered the world authority in Interventional Pulmonology.
- Gained further experience as a Visiting Trainee in Interventional Pulmonology under Dr.Rajiv Goyalat Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Attended Training in Emergency Medicine from Max Hospitals, New Delhi, India.
- Founding Body Member ofIndian Association of Sleep Apnea
- European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- Indian Association of Bronchology (IAB)
- World Association of Bronchology& Interventional Pulmonology (WABIP)
- Indian Chest Society (ICS)
- Vidarbha Chest Association (VCA) – Executive Body Member
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Academy of Medical Sciences (AMS)
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM)
- Vidarbha Hospital Association (VHA)